As a school we have been determined and confident in developing our practice over the past few years, building on a secure judgement of Good from Ofsted in 2015.
Part of this development has been exploring, researching and debating what ‘better than Good’ means for us, our pupils and our school. We have read and taken into account the Ofsted criteria, but have not wanted to be bound to their framework.
As staff and pupils we defined our aim to grow as an ‘Inspirational Learning Community’ as:
- Together, igniting a love of learning
- Encouraging and empowering partnerships
- Nurturing a Growth Mindset
This year as staff we have defined what we think ‘Inspirational Teaching and Learning’ is:
- Irresistible, challenging and promotes choice
- Empowers all to be the best they can be
- Collaborative, encourages curiosity and self-discovery, and transforms lives
We have now moved a step further and have drafted definitions for what we as a school think defines Inspirational:
- Curriculum & Assessment
Over the coming terms, as we continue to develop as a school and grow professionally, our plan is to agree, review and refine these definitions, whilst also evaluating our practice for evidence.